The ongoing process of conservation is at the very heart of Orpheus’ philosophy and, as part of the island’s continuing endeavours to safeguard the environment, we have implemented a number of sustainable measures to ensure an eco-sensitive aura pervades the island.
- Eradication of harmful fauna and flora
- Replanting of lost species of flora
- Introduction of chickens which lay eggs daily for chef use
- Solar hot water servicing all guest accommodation
- A state-of-the-art waste water treatment plant that allows 100% of the water to be recycled and used for irrigation and watering
- A sustainable veggie patch which provides our chefs with a constant supply of fresh produce for guest meals
- A commitment to energy and water saving initiatives, which will be continually monitored by management
- The introduction of recycling and composting of waste
- Where possible, a commitment to sourcing local, organic, free range and fair trade produce and products
We are committed to continually improving the sustainability of the island and look forward to keeping you updated on the progress.