Take a retreat of a lifetime from 14 – 17 October 2021 and leave the world behind on a luxury private tropical isle set in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef.
Slip into island-time as you journey by boat (or helicopter, at an additional cost) across the glistening Coral Sea to our secluded and unspoilt paradise for 3 glorious nights of yoga, meditation, breathwork, snorkelling, hikes, sundowners and incredible food.
Your 3 night all-inclusive retreat at Orpheus Island Lodge will be an experience of a lifetime. Orpheus is engulfed by 1000 hectares of pristine national park and surrounded by fringing Great Barrier Reef Marine Park waters, accessible just steps away from your dreamy beachfront accommodation.
For the food lovers, Orpheus is a destination where guests can enjoy ‘chef hatted’ restaurant meals at every course. The culinary team delivers an award-winning feast celebrating a bounty of wholesome, island grown, patch-to-plate seasonal produce and freshly caught seafood from the local waters. Your tastebuds will delight at the riches of the region.
After a day of exploring the island, relaxing by the pool and learning profoundly healing tools to enhance your wellbeing, you are invited to watch the sunset with the day’s signature cocktail and sample some of Australia’s finest produce over dinner.
This is a once in a lifetime, exclusive retreat not to be missed. Places are limited to just 13 rooms so be quick and secure yours today!
Day One – Upon arrival and check in at Orpheus after your ferry transfers from Townsville, you will be greeted by your yogi teacher Emily Spurling of Karma Being and introduced to your like-minded friends who will embark on the 3-night journey alongside you. Jumping in straight away and making sure you’re all comfortable with one another, we will begin with a welcoming circle, where you will set your intention for the days to follow. You will then be lead through a beautiful restorative yoga and shortly after you will be treated with sunset cocktails at the golden hour on Orpheus Island. A degustation dinner will conclude this magical first day on the isle. A renowned culinary experience, all of our produce is locally sourced and our seafood freshly caught from the local waters.
Day Two begins with an hour long early morning yoga by the pool to set the stage for the day ahead. After your morning move, you will be served up an à la carte breakfast. Paired with fresh juice or coffee, breakfast is laid-back and a taste of what real island life is all about, with fresh seasonal produce from the garden to your plate. Breakfast will be followed by a long and peaceful walk through nature from the Island’s resident horticulturalist. She will take you through the history of the Palm Island archipelago and educate you on all the flora and fauna that calls Orpheus Island home. Once this concludes you will have some time at leisure.
After some quiet alone time, lunch will be served in the main pavilion. Lunch will include a changing tapas menu featuring a different region from around the world each day, including Asian, Italian, Spanish, Mexican, and Australian dishes. An array of different flavours and vibrant options, we aim to satisfy you in an incredible culinary experience. After lunch, you will be taken to a shaded spot for some mindfulness practice and a breathing exercise. The afternoon sets off with a local snorkel, where you will explore the clear azure water surrounding Orpheus and be introduced to the many species of reef corals and fish who call this area home. Day two completes with sunset drinks and degustation dinner once more. You will be so captivated by the colours and light at sundown it will take your breath away.
Day Three – after another incredible morning yoga to wake the mind and body, you will be served up an à la carte breakfast in the main pavilion. The morning’s activity will consist of a mindfulness hike to The Lookout where a calming and incredibly expansive yoga nidra meditation will take place. After this there will be allocated leisurely time around the island for you to indulge in a spa treatment, take a motorised dinghy to a secluded neighbouring cove or take out a paddle board or kayak. A tapas lunch will follow again and once more a local snorkel awaits you. There is so much to explore and see around the fringing snorkel sites and the many array of colours and corals, we wanted to make sure each of our yogis got as much reef time as they could! After showering off and feeling refreshed and recharged, it’s the last night on the island and your last cocktail at sundown awaits you. The refined and delicious degustation dinner is prepared for you on the jetty. It’s the last night to take it all in, sit back and truly encapsulate all those flavours, surrounds and tropical vibes on Orpheus.
The last day on the island begins with a delightful morning yoga and manifesting meditation closing circle. After another à la carte breakfast, it’s time to farewell the island and head back to Townsville via ferry in your revitalised and calm state.
Wellness event inclusions:
- 3 nights tropical isle accommodation
- Daily yoga, meditation and breathwork sessions
- Sunset drinks each evening
- 3 x breakfasts, 2 x tapas-style lunches, 3 x degustation dinners
- Selected wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks
- Mindfulness hikes
- Local fringing reef snorkels
- Use of kayaks, paddle boards, motorised dinghies and catamaran
- Bus transfer between Townsville Airport and Sealink ferry terminal on 14 October and 17 October 2021
- Return ferry transfers between Townsville and Orpheus Island Lodge (2.5 hours each way)
*optional helicopter transfer between Townsville and Orpheus Island Lodge priced at an additional $350 per person, each way (T & Cs apply).
- We require a 25% deposit payment at time of booking, and final payment is due 60+ days from event start date
- Guests can cancel 30+ days from event start date with no penalty
- Any cancellations made 30 – 0 days prior to arrival; 100% cancellation fee applies
- For any guests whose travel is affected by COVID-19 as a result of a Queensland Government deemed COVID-19 hotspot, the accommodation portion of your retreat package will be placed into credit (for use over a 12 month period) and the balance refunded
- If flying into Townsville on 14 October 2021, we recommend catching any domestic flight landing on/before 11am. Alternatively guests can meet at the Sealink Ferry Terminal at 12pm
- On the 17 October 2021, we recommend catching any domestic flight departing Townsville Airport after 2pm
- Fringing reef dives are available on Day Two and Day Three (at an additional cost)
- Helicopter transfers between Townsville and Orpheus Island Lodge on check-in/check-out available upon request and availability (at an additional cost)
To enquire or book, contact 07 4777 7377 or email@example.com